Sunday, June 24, 2012

Reunion

Eric's parents bought an old church last summer. It's right by a small lake (actually a reservoir) in a teeny little mountain town, a 20-minute south by southwest drive through the canyon. We had a family reunion there yesterday: canoeing, ping-pong, horseshoes, burgers, hot dogs, creamy green Jello, cousins last seen at least 6 inches ago, old people talking. And pollen. Loads of it. Up my nose. I chased a wiffle ball under a juniper and emerged sneezing my brains out. I don't remember much of what happened after that. I think I have histamine-induced amnesia. I might have committed to going to a Crossfit workout tomorrow morning with Eric's cousin Jenny. I'm just a little bit scared of the workout, but I'm super scared of backing out on Jenny. She could and would take me out, all 102 pounds of her.

I discovered Instagram. I love it. Who needs a real camera? I feel like I'm back in the 70's, man. And I dig it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

How totally cool to have bought a church! I bet that made for a great family reunion!

And the pics are awesome. You sure that wasn't a family reunion from your childhood? ;-)

Valerie said...

Ha! I'm not quite sure what decade Joe belongs in. See him with his 70's hair sitting in the 70's folding chair? Have you seen the full glory of his 'fro?